- A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
- There is a 3 cent bounty for each starling and 10 cent bounty for each crow killed in any village, township, or city in the state.
- You may not swear in front of women and children.
- Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.
- In Clawson – There is a law that makes it legal for a farmer to sleep with his pigs, cows, horses, goats, and chickens.
- In Detroit – Couples are banned from making love in an automobile unless the act takes place while the vehicle is parked on the couple’s own property.
- In Detroit – Willfully destroying your old radio is prohibited.
- In Detroit – It is illegal for a man to scowl at his wife on Sunday.
- In Detroit – It is illegal to let your pig run free in Detroit unless it has a ring in its nose.
My favorite one is:
- It is illegal to sell a car on a Sunday.
Hello! This is still the automotive capital of the world.Â What the heck are they thinking? Did we really need a law for that?
I am sure glad nobody tells me I can’t sell houses on Sunday.
[tags]michigan, oakland county[/tags]