Anthony Longo from CondoDomain surprised me this morning by meme-ing me. I remember singing “me me me me me” to warm up for choir practice in college, but this is not quite the same thing. Basically this little game of tag is running simultaneously all over the blogosphere as I was just tagged yesterday on my ActiveRain blog. I’m kinda busy right now, and kinda sick, so this is slightly recycled material with a few edits to keep it fresh. Think of my recycling as my effort to keep the blogosphere a healthier environment. I’m conserving words.
I am supposed to tell you 5 things you don’t know about me and then I get to tag 3 of others to go do the same.
So, here I go with 5 pieces of trivial stuff about Maureen Francis.
- I made millions before I was 30. Yes, its true. As a Peace Corps volunteer in Ukraine in 1992, the local currency (Kupon) was so deflated that the $150 stipend that I received monthly from the US government to pay for my food and living expenses showed up as over a million Kupons in my Ukrainian bank account. Every month we got paid more as the currency fell. $150 doesn’t sound like much but it certainly was by local standards.
- I attended college on a fine arts scholarship. Well, I earned a double major in Political Science and Economics from Kalamazoo College, but I had always drawn and painted, so they gave me a merit scholarship that helped pay part of the tab. After college I did pottery for a long time and even sold my work. My job in a bank was what paid the bills though.
- I worked for a top modeling agency. I was never a model. But I did work with Ukraine’s top modeling agency while I was a Peace Corps volunteer. The male volunteers always wanted to stop by the office to visit me. The always wanted me to bring my friends to their parties. My actual job was editing a tour guide to Ukraine. The models wrote the material and sold the ads between modeling gigs.
- The OB who brought me in to the world went on to do sex change operations. What could I possibly add to that?
- I am the only one in my household without 2 passports. Katya, my 3 year old and Dmitry both hold Ukrainain and American citizenship. We have to go to Chicago (5 hours away) so that Dmitry can vote in Ukrainian elections at the consulate. Now there is a citizen takes his civic duty seriously.
And that ends my meme about me. With that, I will tag:
Sara Lipnitz from Destination 48009
This just in: The Meme has hit again. Gena Riede has tagged me. So I am adding to my list of outgoing tags so that we can soon conquer the entire blogosphere with this one. Will it work?
But I wanted to add Dave Smith of the Real Estate Blog Lab, because I just visited his site today and I like what he has going on there. Forgive me Dave.