A few days ago I wrote about the most expensive house on the market in the US right now, a $155,000,000 spec home in Montana, that, by all accounts looks pretty darn fabulous.
Today I thought I would tell you about the most expensive home on the market in Metro Detroit. Compared to Montana prices, our high end Metro Detroit estate looks like a bargain at $14,500,000. Yes, another reason to say nice things about living in Michigan. Interestingly enough, the current owner hasn’t even been there two years yet. The estate at 21000 Turnberry Boulevard lies on almost 20 acres of landscaped property in Novi, Michigan. They’ve spent over $5,000,000 on the landscaping.
So, what are some of the amenities you will find in a Metro Detroit home priced at $14,500,000?
- A bowling alley
- 6 bedrooms, 10 full baths, a 10 car garage
- His-and-her baths with Botticino (I had to Google that to find out it is marble), limestone heated floors, 6 shower heads, and steam showers
- Library with painted, paneled and wool paisley upholstered walls, herringbone leather floor (I have never seen a leather floor, let alone a herringbone leather floor)
- A Cigar Bar
- A 3,200 square foot guest house
- A couple of waterfalls and a beautiful pool
- 24k gold chandeliers
- A round wine tasting room
- A meditation room
- PGA sanctioned 165 yard par three hole with bunkers.
- Trout and bass ponds.
- Security gated property with 2 security stations
It sounds pretty nice, doesn’t it?
A few details not to be overlooked.
- The property taxes are currently $108,240 annually
- The monthly principal and interest mortgage payments, assuming 20% down and a 6% interest rate (not including taxes or insurance) would be $69,547.86. Might be better off paying cash.
If you are selling your multi-million dollar estate, Zillow is not your friend. The Zestimate for Turnberry Boulevard came in at about 10% of the list price, or just slightly over $1,450,000. Don’t leave your fortune in the hands of an AVM.
You can see pictures of the property here. You may be asked for personal information to see the pictures.
Photo courtesy of Realcomp
[tags]metro detroit, luxury homes, expensive homes[/tags]