Putting my toes back in the water, and asking for more help!

Today I step gingerly back into the gentle, or not so gentle, tides of real estate blogging. Over the last months, most of my energy has been used to care for my terminally ill father who passed away last week. Dmitry and I have kept up with our existing clients, referred out some new clients and done what we could to stay on top of just about everything except for our own home (though it is a mile away from my parents’ home, I have not seen it since December 5th) and my dear little blog.

In the course of our family crisis, many people stepped forward and offered to do things for me. People brought us homemade dinner every night for months. A friend wrapped Katya’s Christmas gifts. People brought her ‘thinking of you’ presents long after Christmas. Bloggers from around the country offered to send posts, though I didn’t even have the energy to post other people’s work, so I did not accept the generous overtures from all who offered, though I did appreciate it.

I’ve known for a long time the the RE blogging community is a generous family. In my time of crisis, an idea came to me, and I need the help of others to see it made a reality. I would like to set up a site/wiki/list/group for bloggers in need and those who would like to help. In my mind I am calling it The Gift of a Blog, but brainstorming is welcome. Perhaps I should set up a Facebook Group for ideas? What I have in mind is a place where bloggers with a personal problem that is impacting their ability to keep up with posting could mention their need without having to go into much detail on their own blog. Members of the community who would like to join can offer to provide guest posts. Clearly, they will be some kind of generic-ish content.

So, if you are an RE blogger and you would like to help, either as a writer, “board member,” brainstormer, etc. leave me a comment and we will get started.

Comments

1. says

Maureen,
    Sign me up in whatever capacity you need. And remember that Gretchen and I are here for you in whatever manner you need — Just going through this myself, I know how hard it is.
    God bless you and you are in our prayers,
    Toby

2. says

Sign me up to donate blog posts and photos. I have been doing this for over a year. I was able to provide content for a week to a freind whos father died last spring and am happy to do it. I can also provide server space and intall a wiki if needed and will suggest that if you want to form a group to try Ning and link it into facebook, active Rain etc. Let me know how I can help. I have like 1000 blog posts and maybe 2000 pictures that can be reworked and built into to posts for those in need. I know my own business suffers when I can’t post that is why I think it is important and I love your idea.

3. says

Mo – first, as you know I’m so sorry to hear about your father. If there is anything YOU need, don’t hesitate to ask.

Sign me up for whatever is needed. I can write generic. Or even not-so-generic. I like T’s Ning idea…

4. says

Maureen, I’ve expressed my sympathies already and I’m truly sorry. It’s so hard to get back into the program of normal life when one’s focus has been so far away from normal. I’m glad you were able to be there with your dad AND your mom. Even if he wasn’t aware, it gives you peace to say good-by without regrets.

Sign me up, too.

5. Faina Sechzer says

Maureen, sorry for your loss. When the mind is occupied with critical family issues, blogging takes a back seat. If there is anything I can do, I would be glad to help.

6. says

Maureen, I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Sign me up as well. I can concentrate on the more technical side of things or what ever else is needed. We could put in on propertyqube.com as well, make it a private or public group.

Add Comment Register