With the brief glimpse of spring that we experienced over the weekend, thoughts turn to buying and selling houses. “The Real Estate Season” is fast approaching, although maybe not fast enough for some of us!
Sellers? Be prepared. If your house has good curb appeal and is priced appropriately, your showings will increase. Put your best foot forward by following these suggestions:
Before all showings……….Set the Stage!
- Turn on all lights and lamps
- Open all blinds and curtains, unless otherwise instructed
- Straighten bedding and fluff pillows
- Give sinks a quick wipe and display clean, matching towels
- Make sure all toilet lids are down
- Store all garbage cans, pet items and personal items out of sight
- Close garage doors
- If you have a fireplace, start a fire
- Turn on soft music throughout house (tune all radios to the same station)
- If candles are displayed, light them!
- If possible, display fresh flowers … fresh is always best
- Do a “smell check”; lightly spray a clean fragranced freshener if necessary
During showings……….Give the buyer some privacy!
- Go for a walk, run errands or work in the garden
- Remove all pets from the house, especially dogs
Make those showings count. By paying attention to details and preparing for each visitor, you will set the stage for a successful sale!